Purpose of Collecting Information
If you wish to use the following services on the Website of Kanebo Cosmetics, you are required to register some minimum personal information. Services include:
- Mail delivery service
- Participating in trials and entering sweepstakes
- Viewing Members' Web pages
Registered information will be used within the scope necessary for the following purposes.
- Development of products and services
- Providing information about new products and promotions and the latest information of the Website
- Distribution of trial products and samples
- Preparation of statistical and analysis data
- Member Authentication System, membership management
Types of Collected Information
The following information is asked within the scope necessary to perform the purposes described in item 1 above.
- Year & month of birth
- Phone No.
- E-mail address
- Desired information for mail delivery service
- Frequently used stores
- Interests, other profiles
Collection Method of Information
Kanebo Cosmetics strives to enhance the safety of its data communications by transmitting personal information input from customer's computers to our server using a registered form enabled with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption by VeriSign.
Usage and Provision of Information
Except as applicable laws and regulations require, the Website of Kanebo Cosmetics will not use personally identifiable information or provide such information to any third party.
Management Measures on Information
Kanebo Cosmetics constantly takes appropriate measures to maintain the accuracy of our customers' information. Moreover, Kanebo Cosmetics takes all possible measures to prevent unauthorized access to customer data, etc. Kanebo Cosmetics may subcontract the handling of personal information to third parties. However, in this case as well, Kanebo instructs and monitors the outside contractors to pay careful attention to the management of personal information regarding the prevention of leakage of such information, etc.
- What are Cookies?
- When you access a Web page, small amounts of data (the cookie) is sent to your computer from Web servers and stored on your computer. The Website recognizes the stored cookie information the next time you visit the page. Cookies do not infringe on personal information of customers. You can reject cookies by changing your browser settings. However, if you set your browser to not accept cookies, you may not able to take advantage of certain services on the Website of Kanebo Cosmetics.
Customers Requests for Disclosure, Changes or Cessation
- Disclosure and Changes
When customers request disclosure of their own information, unless there is a specific reason, Kanebo Cosmetics will respond after we confirm that the request is being made by the customer whose information is being requested. Please contact the customer service desk below concerning disclosure and changes of your personal information.
Kanebo Cosmetics and/or outside contractors may provide information using e-mail, etc. after customers provide their personal information to us and give their consent for us to provide such information. If customers do not want to receive the information, please contact the customer service desk below. Kanebo Cosmetics will discontinue providing the information or delete your personal information, per your request.